The management of municipal finances is under the jurisdiction of the Municipal Finance Directorate, which is comprised of:
- Fiscal and Parafiscal Services
- Expenditure Services
- Accounting Services
- Budgeting Services
Each service is managed and run by a department head appointed by order of the President of the County and City Council and Mayor of the City, upon the proposal of the Secretary-General after consultation with the Director of Municipal Finance.
Fiscal and Parafiscal Service is charged with:
- Assess, liquidate and manage taxes, duties, taxes and levies.
- Research taxable activities
- Identify Potential Taxpayers
- Conduct Tax investigations
- Centralize all district level financial activities
- Manage Inactive values
- Prepare deliberations and orders for projects
- Educate citizens on taxes, duties, and levies
- Ensure Control of budget execution.
The expenditure service is charged with:
- Execute the municipal budget
- Centralize all municipality expenditures
- Ensure the liquidation of all municipal expenses
- Manage expenses on equipment.
- Monitor budget consumptions
- Produce Monthly expense reports
- Produce Monthly expense and debt reports
Accounting service is charged with:
- Prepare the municipality budget
- Monitor the receipt and expenditure of the municipal budget
- Analyze the municipal budget
- Prepare periodic accounting reports
Budgeting Services are responsible for:
- Paying the expenses for the operation of district councils within the limit of the amount of subsidy allocated to each.
- Produce Periodic statements of expenditures